Friday, November 5, 2010

And on the 3rd day....

OH....THE TASTE OF SWEET JUSTICE!

If you haven't already guessed, then I will tell you that I won my case against Frontier!! The big guy gave way to the little guy and I am $830 richer this morning! Well...I'm not actually any richer, I just get to keep my money. But I planned on doing that anyway so really today is about a mental victory, if anything. I'll take it!

3 days.....3 loooooong days of my anger escalating while waiting for some mid-level call center supervisor to phone me back. Since I've made a habit of owning up to all the other crazy stuff that goes through my head, I'll tell you in all honesty what I did during those three days:
  • Wrote a 3 page letter describing how I am in no way responsible for any equipment charges. I had already mentally addressed this to the Better Business Bureau, the City Manager (so he could see how the great citizens of Sherwood were being treated), the City Attorney, a private attorney, several high level Frontier Executives, and my dad (he gave me this hot-head....he can help me control it!)
  • Researched the email addresses and contact information for the above mentioned Frontier Executives.
  • Filed a BBB complaint. Hey, those things take 10 days to process and I didn't want my 3 days of waiting to put me behind the 8-ball! And the mere fact I know that tells you that I have sadly done it before.
  • I broke into the CEO's voice mail. Yea...that one is embarrassing but I was LIVID!!
Someday I am probably going to regret the complete honesty with which I write this blog. But that day isn't today so I will tell you the truth. I Googled "how to contact major CEOs." Reason #875 why I love blogs: crazy people (like myself) write crazy things! I happened upon a small blog not unlike my own by a boy named Mark. I read two sentences of Mark's blog before I knew we were kindred spirits both being bullied by 18 year old call center employees who would probably be dumb enough to accept me as a friend on Facebook just so they could +1. That's right, you better be careful call center workers! In 2 strokes of a keyboard I can find your Facebook profile and see that you are 10 years younger than me and still deciding between Acutane and Proactiv as a course of treatment. Now who controls this conversation fool?

Anyway, Mark found himself in a situation not unlike my own and was having trouble reaching the CEO of a major corporation. His genius solution to this was to call corporate headquarters after-hours (with no receptionist to stop him) and use the company directory by last name to find the CEO's voice mail box. I thought there would be no way that would work! Well, I was already at level 10 crazy so I thought I might as well try. People....it works!! I didn't leave a message...this was more of a trial run, but I added this option to my list of attacks. Now I'm not naive, I bet at $8,000,000 dollars a year someone probably checks her voice mail for her. But as a former high-level gatekeeper I can tell you the crazies are worth a mention to the big boss for entertainment value alone! I just never thought I would be on this side of that equation. So make fun of me all you want, because I bet sometime in the next two years you will try real hard to remember this strategy when your number comes up in the battle against the big man.

Alas, Mr. Frontier called me this morning to let me know that although they could not find the equipment, they found ample proof that I did send it and all charges would be reversed. This is corporate speak for, "We don't want to say we're wrong....you are a nut case...please get off the phone and our feelings wont be hurt if you want to switch to Comcast. Also, here is their number and your termination fee is waived...." It was so anti-climatic!!

In any case, the situation is resolved and I even left a very nice voice mail for Mr. Frontier's manager stating he had handled my 3-hour phone call very well. It's ironic that he was able to transfer me in 2 seconds for that purpose, but couldn't do it in 3 hours when I had steam coming out of my ears. But that's not a battle worth fighting...time to give an 18 year old his day in the light. Maybe he'll win a gift card to the Olive Garden or something and he can use it for prom.

In a no-way related gesture...I am going to add some pictures of little Lu because it's my blog and I can.

Have a great weekend!






3 comments:

  1. Amen! That's great news! And I might have to use your late night strategy someday. Thanks for doing the research on that one. :-)

    Luelle is beautiful. Great pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, I found your blog and oh boy I am glad I did. You are so funny with your tell it like is ways that I can't wait to catch up on all your posts. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yay - glad it all worked out! she's a precious little girl and I adore leaf photos!

    ReplyDelete