Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"Amber"...You're Fired!

"Amber"....you're fired! You had one job yesterday and it was to proofread my blog. I figured since she was covering at her mom's office where all they needed was a warm body and not much else, she would have all the time in the world to help a gal out. But instead of a list containing every word I misspelled and every comma I forgot, I received this genius email back from her:

I LOVE "THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA!" You should have added people's overuse of exlamation points! I'm a serious offender!!

I guess I should have known that I put too much faith in "Amber" after seeing how she spelled "exclamation" ;) My bad....sorry everyone. Thanks for turning the other cheek and just leaving nice comments unlike my husband whose first words to me were, "Avatar is awesome! And you misspelled a ton..." Thanks, babe. The funny thing is is that in our pre-marital counseling I was asked for a few words that I thought best described Luke and one of my responses was "sensitive."* But this week marks 6 years of marriage for us and I would probably change that word to something more like "handy." No harm, no foul though. I bet that he would change a few words describing me and some of the new ones might not be blog appropriate. But we're still best friends and I wouldn't trade him for the world!

My mom is actually going to watch the kids for us this weekend so we can have a nice anniversary dinner. Where at you ask? Portland City Grill? The Chart House? Morton's? Nope....here's a hint: G'day mate! Yep! The Outback!! Romantic, huh? "Baby...I love you. Pass the Bloomin' Onion." It's a long story but my husband loves the Outback Steakhouse. In his mind it's man-appropriate for every occasion. Tuesday night? Outback. St. Patrick's Day? Outback. Birthday? Outback. Christmas? Outback. So naturally an anniversary would also qualify as a special enough occasion to dine at such an exquisite establishment. In fairness though, Luke told me he would take me anywhere I wanted to go. But since my lack of babysitting planning already handicapped the evening (my mom is a last minute stand in), I thought I would let him have dinner at a place where he could comfortably wear his faded "PSU Vikings" sweatshirt without a lecture from me. It's true that all that really matters is the company anyways and as much as I joke, I know I'll have the best date there! I can't wait to say, "Happy Anniversary Luke! Oh look! Our table pager is flashing!"

On a different note, I'm going to take a few days off because it's starting to feel narcissistic to think people even want to read about my life 3 days in a row (or at all for that matter). If you're wondering how I have time to do this in the first place...so am I. But rest assured it's more for me than you. Laughing at my life has been a nice escape and as stupid as it is, this blog has forced me to look at everything through a new lens that isn't quite so tragic. I used to think, "I have the only 3 year old in the world that isn't potty trained. Poor me." But nobody wants to read Debbie Downer's blog so I change it to, "Hey fools....I am going to have so much more money than you when my kid gets rejected from preschool because he isn't potty trained! Hahahahaha!" It's win-win. More fun for you to read and a better attitude for me! So thanks for humoring me :)

Have a great week!

Jenny

* "Sensitive" meaning Luke knows how to handle me when I'm upset and is careful with his words and actions. It's an incredibly admirable trait! Not "sensitive" meaning he squeezes my hand while watching, "Eat, Pray, Love" which I did actually force him to see in the theater (he did, after all, drag me Avatar 9 months pregnant!) When I asked him if he liked the movie he asked me if I was aware that there were 297 ceiling tiles in that theater. Point made Luke.


Here are some pictures of that special day when Luke and I took vows that we didn't totally comprehend:









Happy Anniversary Luke....I couldn't imagine a better life than this!

2 comments:

  1. awww ... happy anniversary!!! Beautiful pics! I used to get discouraged that no one was reading my blog, so I had to be sure I was doing for me and no one else! Yours is FAR more entertaining than I could dream of being ... so have no fear - I'm sure everyone LOVES you to post often (I know I do, even if I have to catch up just one day a week!).

    I've also come to the conclusion that I'm so far behind with scrapbooking, I know look at my blog as my scrapbook. It's got photos and the stories to go with! Some day when I have time (ha ha ha) I'll work on the nice baby books, etc. For now I just assure myself that I'll come up with the funds to continue getting my blog printed into books and that will suffice quite nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW did I miss this update until today?! My vote is that you do this more than 3 times a week because I look forward to it!!! Oh, and in that wedding pic where you see the bridal party, instead of looking like the Maitron of Honor...I look like the flower girl. =-)

    ReplyDelete