Tuesday, October 12, 2010

3 Years Behind Every One Else....

All right....to heck with Facebook!

I'm pretty sure half the people I'm friends with don't really care if Emery said something beyond hilarious this weekend. (Sidenote: I'm sad for those people. They obviously have zero idea how funny a three year old telling his his baby sister to "shake it like a Polaroid picture!" can be.) So I'll join the bandwagon and do the blog thing for the other half who have been blessed with the good sense to see why my kids far exceed the nor
mal quotient of "spectacular." Of course I'll agree that you must have serious talent-radar to notice the X-Factor in Emery & Luelle meaning your kids no doubtingly possess the same big-league potential.

I've actually been meaning to start this for a long time. Do you want to know why I didn't? Simple.....I don't know how to correctly use an ownership apostrophe for "Schultz". And "The Schultz Family Blog" was taken. So I was left with "The Schultz's Blog" or "The Schultzs' Blog". I'm not sure which of those is right and if you have spent more than 4 seconds on the internet you would know there are some SERIOUS grammar police out there! And even if I had the foresight to Google the solution to this dilemma, it would not change the fact the fact that a million people forget the "c" in Schultz. So what if they couldn't find me? I mean, I'm not a narcissist...but I hate the idea that my mom might not be able to see pictures of her grand kids because she forgot the "c" on accident. I had the same problem with my maiden name Gobet. For the record....it's NOT "GoRbet" people!! You can't go around adding random R's to things!

In any case, it finally came to me yesterday to let it go and change the name entirely. So I introduce you to....."Jenny Can't Cook!" Is it just me or does the very first leaf changing orange in September prompt everyone to drop what they are doing and start slow cooking and baking? Guess what? I don't bake either. I mean...I could do it with a gun to my head, but I would be turning over the bag of chocolate chips to double check if it were baking soda and not baking powder. Actually....I would probably go with one of those "just add water" mixes instead :) I'm not inspired by ingredients, I can't whip things up with what I have in my pantry, and I have NO idea how to pair cheese with wine. In fact....I make it a practice just to nod my head when someone says something like "Do you taste the hazelnut undertones in this Sokol Blosser Wine?" Do you want to know what I really taste? Red or white. I can taste if it's red or white....

I'll leave you with some pictures of Emery's very first attempt at roller skating. His cousin Korban had a birthday last weekend and we headed to Oaks Park. That brought back some memories! Mostly of the "couples skate" paranoia every nine year old feels. You know....when you're not ready to hold the hand of the opposite sex but you look ridiculous holding your girlfriend's hand? Snack bar time! Sorry for the blurry pics.....those little guys move fast! And trying the dodge the red-haired 80 year old who still has time for a Saturday spin made getting some good pictures really difficult.







PS...for those of you who expected me to spend some serious time designing my blog: Sorry to disappoint :)

4 comments:

  1. LOVE it!!!! You are a hysterical writer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it and I can see that your blog is gonna be one of those "famous" blogs - you can write girlie! and I love your birdies at the top - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny...I love it! You are so hilarious and witty. :-) Thank you for starting a blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jenny. It's Christopher. Great party. NEEDZ MORE SHARP TOOLZ

    ReplyDelete