Friday, October 29, 2010

Curse you Baja Fresh!

I am really procrastinating right now. My playroom is a mess and I should be cleaning it! What is it about a messy playroom at nap time that drives me nuts? I know the kids are just going to come right back down and pour all 42 bins out looking for a pint-size Spiderman in a matter of minutes. I hate that stupid Spiderman. I would throw it away if Emery didn't have a mental inventory of his entire superhero collection. They crammed 42 moving parts into a three inch toy. And even better, each piece is sort of removable. They're not meant to be removed.....but there sure isn't much preventing it either. Thank you Hasbro for this well thought out, totally overpriced (because it is "licensed") piece of playtime joy! My son is convinced the head is really a hat and likes to pull it off and put it on over and over and over. Even that wouldn't bother me if I didn't have a 9 month old who has Spiderman tiny-head radar. She tracks that thing down like a heat seeking missile and looks at it with a hunger the way I looked at liquid cheese 9 months pregnant. Every time I can't find that tiny head I break out into a panic imagining a bodiless Spiderman staring back at me on an x-ray.* At least our deductible is already met this year...

Before I started writing this blog entry, I was going to unload the dishwasher as a more productive version of playroom duty procrastination. But I stopped because I found another small nuisance that plagues my every days. Am I the only woman in America who is married to someone who thinks that Baja Fresh cups are somehow superior to actual glassware? I've approached Luke about our 10 strong collection of these gigantic plastic cups a few times. He keeps telling me, "Babe.....99 cent refills for LIFE!" I might be crazy, but I can't recall a time when the two of us marched in there (cups in hand) demanding cheap refills let alone a time we thought about bringing 8 friends along. Does he realize that I can purchase an entire 2-liter for 99 cents? Luke....IT'S NOT A GOOD DEAL! And it's REALLY not a good deal when you keep purchasing a new cup every time! Also, they don't fit in our dishwasher very well and I'm not about doing dishes by hand. Furthermore, when guests come over and they see your gigantic plastic cup collection next to my entire KUFO pint glass set (acquired during one of my earlier internships) they start to wonder what kind of people we are.

Okay, I really should clean. This weekend is going to be busy so I won't have time to do it later. Also, after my husband reads this it might soften the blow if I can follow it up with, "but the house looks awesome, right?"

Something funny if you're bored: My sister Sarah just sent this to me and I randomly saw it earlier this week. But it's worth a repost - thanks Sarah!
Why Teacher's Drink




*(For the literal crowd.....I obviously am very very cautious that Lu doesn't get to the Spiderman toy. You can save your call to CPS)

2 comments:

  1. You are freaking hilarious! Keep the posts coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree ... always a good read (and just fyi - I totally know you're not being "literal" - I'm the same way with my blog)

    ReplyDelete